OCLS strives to recruit dynamic, highly qualified, and diverse people to be a part of our team. We retain these individuals by offering competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and developmental opportunities to promote growth and job enrichment. We are committed to creating an environment that exemplifies our values: Respect for the individual, our organization, and the community; Excellence in everything we do; Integrity in our actions.
- + Apply Now
Thank you for considering OCLS as an Employer.
We accept on-line resumes only for posted vacancies. On our Current Vacancies page click on the job title of the open position. Scroll to the bottom of the page to select how you heard about the job, and then click "Submit Your Resume".
Follow the instructions if you are a first time user, or log in if you are a returning user.
Feel free to contact Human Resources at 407-835-7610 if you have any questions about applying for a position with OCLS.
- + Benefits
Full-time (40 hours per week) employees enjoy a generous package of benefits including:
- Library paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Optional vision insurance
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Library paid parking, a monthly LYNX bus pass or subsidized SunRail passes
- Direct Deposit
- Participation in two Library Funded retirement plans: a Money Purchase Plan and a Defined Contribution Plan
- Option of participating in several optional benefit opportunities such as the Deferred Compensation Plan (457B), ROTH IRAs and Optional Life insurance
- Fifteen (15) days of vacation per year
- Thirteen (13) days of sick leave per year
- Eight paid holidays and three floating holidays per year
Eligible part time employees enjoy many benefits as well, including:
- Flexible hours
- Participation in the Defined Contribution Plan
- Library paid parking, a monthly LYNX bus pass, or subsidized SunRail passes
- 12 floating hours per year
- Fifty-two (52) hours of part-time leave per year that can be used in the event of an illness, scheduling time for vacation, or to attend to personal needs
- Holiday benefit of 4 hours holiday pay for each designated holiday
- + Pre-Employment Testing
All applicants offered employment must pass a drug screen given at the Library's expense. A criminal background check is also conducted on each candidate offered a position.
The Orange County Library System is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters. Of the nation's employers, we're in the top 1 percent who provide outstanding commuter benefits.
Gold Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
The Orange County Library System is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees. We have been recognized as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Orange County Library System to provide equal opportunity for all library employees or applicants for employment. The library does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, pregnancy, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, or physical or mental disability. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, an employee's compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training and development, transfer and other privileges of employment.