The Booker T. Washington Branch of the Albertson Public Library served residents of the west Orlando community. the Library was opened in June 1924 in what had been the rectory of St. John's Episcopal Church at 107 South Terry Street.
The City of Orlando constructed the new BTW Library building on West Jackson Street. It opened to the public in August 1954. The library continued to serve the community until 1984 when it was incorporated into the Washington Park Library in the Lila Mitchell Community Center on Raleigh Street.
The City of Orlando owned the building until 1994 when the Church purchased it. The Church re-named the building the T.C. Collier Center in 1995.