101 E. Central Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32801
Lynx Bus Routes
The Orlando Public Library is on Central Blvd between Rosalind and Magnolia and is served by the downtown Lymmo service as well as routes # 3,6,7,11,13 and 51.
Lynx Maps & Schedules
The Orlando Public Library is the headquarters and resource center for the Orange County Library System. The 290,000 square foot downtown Orlando facility is the largest public library building in the state of Florida. The Library has been located at this site since its beginnings as the Albertson Public Library in 1923. Public Reference Departments in the Orlando Public Library include Children's, Genealogy, Law, Library Central, and Reference Central. The Children's Library offers spacious areas, special programs, computers and story rooms for our youngest readers and readers to be. A Technology and Education Center (formerly CRC) is located on the second floor and offers access to computers loaded with programs with word processing capabilities. The Friends of the Library Third Floor Bookstore is open daily and recycles withdrawn and donated books to the community. The Genealogy collection is one of the best in the Southeast and is a great place to begin research into family history.
Upcoming Classes & Programs
Viewing 1 - 5 of 119 classes.
Photo Equipment Training: Lighting and Backdrops
Friday, March 07, 2014 at Melrose Center Registration Required
This class will introduce the basic studio set up and the workflow in the studio environment. Learn the importance of good lighting and how to light for best results. Practice using our portable backdrops. This is a prerequisite class for entry to the Melrose Center Photo Studio.Event Details Remind Me of This Event Download to Calendar Email a Friend Print
Melrose Center Tour
Saturday, March 08, 2014 at Melrose Center
Tour the new Dorothy Lumley Melrose Center for Technology, Innovation, and Creativity. This unique 26,000 square foot center includes individual and collaborative work spaces, an audio production studio, a photography studio, a video production studio, fab lab, and simulation lab.Event Details Remind Me of This Event Download to Calendar Email a Friend Print
Photo Studio Assessment
Saturday, March 08, 2014 at Melrose Center Registration Required
Prior to booking a studio, we ask that users participate in a studio-specific orientation and successfully complete a brief assessment.Event Details Remind Me of This Event Download to Calendar Email a Friend Print
Saturday, March 08, 2014 at Orlando Public Library
These programs, especially for infants from birth to 18 months, last approximately 15 minutes. The rhythm and repetition of nursery rhymes are used to introduce very young children to literature. Hold your child in your lap and enjoy this special time together.Event Details Remind Me of This Event Download to Calendar Email a Friend Print
Basic Computer Maintenance and Security
Saturday, March 08, 2014 at Orlando Public Library Registration Required
Learn basic tips on how to maintain your computer system using various system tools and how to secure your system from viruses and spyware. Recommended Audience: AdultEvent Details Remind Me of This Event Download to Calendar Email a Friend Print
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment videos and DVDs, recorded music, world language materials, a Young Adult collection, an Adult Literacy Collection, Florida Collection, Disney archive as well as magazines for leisure reading and research plus microfilm.
- Public computers offering Internet access, and online reference resources including the Library catalog are located throughout the building.
- Three computer labs allows us to teach classes for PC and MAC users. Our friendly and knowledgeable Technology and Customer Support Specialists teach over one hundred and thirty classes a month.
- Drive-up window on Wall Street allows patrons to return items while remaining in their cars.
- Four meeting rooms available for use by non-profit organizations. Request a room online or call us at 407.835.7323. Reading areas and study rooms for small groups of six or less are located on each of the four public levels.
- Tours of the Orlando Public Library are available by appointment, please call the Community Relations Office.
- Regularly scheduled school-age and group programs every Tuesday and Thursday, every 30 minutes between 9:15 and 10:45:
- Tiny Tales for Babies ages Birth to 18 months Friday and Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
- Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months every Friday and Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- Family Storytime every Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
- Storybook Fun for ages 3-5 on Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Cuentame un Cuento, bilingual story program, every 1st Saturday of the month at 11:00 a.m.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year by the Library, Friends of the Library, and Community Organizations.