Currently we are experiencing technical issues with our calendar and room reservation systems. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this problem.
1702 Deerfield Blvd.
Orlando, Florida 32837
Lynx Bus Routes
Link 4 S. Orange Blossom Trail / Kissimmee
Lynx Maps & Schedules
The South Creek Branch is located at the intersection of Deerfield Boulevard and Balcombe Road east of South Orange Blossom Trail. Serving communities including Deerfield, Ginger Mill, Hunters Creek, Pepper Mill, South Chase and Whisper Lakes, South Creek is the southernmost branch in Orange County.
In October of 2002, the South Creek branch replaced the South Orange Branch which had been located in the Waterbridge Down Shopping Center since 1992. With the completion of South Creek, south Orange County now has a light and bright facility with state-of-the-art technology and services including, 35 public computers, self-checkout, and technology classes in English and Spanish. This facility was funded by the Orange County Library District and a Florida Library Construction Grant.
A special feature at South Creek is the sculpture "Bonsai Study IV" by local artist Larry Jones. The piece won "Best in Show" at the 2001 Fiesta in the Park. The Fiesta Committee purchased the sculpture and donated it the Library.
Request a Meeting Room at South Creek
Upcoming Classes & Programs
Currently there are no programs or classes that match your selections.
Services and Programs
The library collection includes books, audio books in Playaway, MP3 CD, and Audio CD formats, informational and entertainment DVDs, recorded music (Audio CD) and an Adult Literacy Collection.
In addition the South Creek branch offers:
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Children's area with five (5) Early Literacy Stations™ (ELS). These are self-contained bilingual educational computers for children, with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas. They were made possible by a Congressional Directed Grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Drive-up window allowing patrons to return items or call ahead and pick up materials while remaining in their cars.
- One meeting room available for use by groups. Please contact the branch for more information.
- Regularly scheduled story programs each week. Tiny Tales for babies ages birth to 18 months, Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months, Storybook Fun for preschoolers.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.