Newsbank's America's Newspapers offers online access to current and past newspaper content. Search the Orlando Sentinel, New York Times, and many other prominent papers from across the United States. It also includes smaller local publications, like the Orlando Weekly. Newsbank even offers video clips from national and local sources, including MTV News and selected broadcast television stations.
This unique online resource offers more than 1,800 sources, most with full-text access, that can be searched all at once using a straight-forward and simple interface. America's Newspapers is a great tool for students, educators, and researchers at all levels.
America's Newspapers features include:
- Search single or multiple sources at once, most full-text
- Use "Special Reports" to learn about current events by browsing relevant articles, websites, and images
- Create a "Personal Account" to create saved searches, e-mail alerts, and more
- Choose sources based on location using Newsbank's map tool
Full-text sources include:
- Miami Herald: May 18, 1982 to current
- New York Times: January 1, 1985 to current
- Orlando Sentinel: April 1, 1985 to current
- Orlando Weekly: October 27, 2005 to current
- Tampa Tribune: January 1, 1990 to current
Newsbank is the Library's best resource for newspaper coverage. Search for current events, local news, recipes, gardening advice, death notices, and more.
Available with your library card and PIN from all library computers and from your home or office computer. For more information about applying for a library card, visit Get Your Card.