Experience the best in traditional reference through the virtual environment from the name you trust, World Book Online. The Library subscribes to several versions, so pick the one that is best for your needs.
GENERAL EDITIONS - designed for use by adults and older students
- World Book Info Finder — great all purpose database! It includes all articles from the 22-volume World Book Encyclopedia, plus thousands of additional articles and more than 20,000 pictures, 750 maps from the world atlas, 250,000 dictionary entries, plus 100’s of videos, and sounds.
- World Book Online Reference Center — tailored for the needs of older students, it includes encyclopedic content, e-books, multimedia, a vast collection of primary source documents, and a wealth of research tools that allow students to customize and save their work.
STUDENT EDITIONS - intended for younger students, and those who are just beginning to use reference resources
- Early World of Learning — offers interactive reference material for preschoolers and children in the early grades to help them build vocabulary, comprehension, phonics, and reading fluency.
- World Book Discover — designed for students reading below grade level, this resource includes reference articles, text-to-speech capabilities, research and translation tools, and multimedia.
- World Book Kids — the premier general reference Website developed especially for younger users. The Educators’ Tools tab contains topic enrichment resources, classroom activities, links to lesson plans, and professional development links.
SPANISH EDITIONS - for native Spanish speakers, or for those learning the language
- World Book Spanish Student Discovery — Great first resource for early grade level students. Search for information by first letter of subject, and articles will be displayed.
- World Book Gran Enciclopedia Hispánica — a comprehensive Spanish-language encyclopedia that includes nearly 100,000 articles and a large multimedia library.
The World Book Online resources are available from all library computers and from your home or office computer with your resident library card and a PIN. Getting a library card is simple! For more information about applying for a card and library card privileges visit Get Your Card.