OverDrive has upgraded its platform to the new Next Generation Digital Library Platform. This platform comes with a new website design and user experience to include "One-Step Checkout," OverDrive Read (browser-based e-books) and other search and navigation improvements.
OverDrive Read is a browser-based reading experience, which is fully integrated into the new design giving users the ability to "see book - read book" meaning no files to download, and no software to install – just click once and start reading:
- You can access your e-book anywhere and on different devices - from smartphones and tablets to desktop computers and even televisions, the reader works anywhere there's a modern Web browser.
- It stays in sync - allowing you to sync your position across devices.
- The design of the OverDrive Reader changes to suit the device and screen size.
- With offline caching, you don't have to be connected to the internet to read. When e-books are first opened up in a Web browser they cache – or save – for offline access.
With OverDrive's new responsive design you will see changes such as:
- The mobile and desktop experience will be the same regardless of the user's device.
- Once you have logged in it will be just one step to check out titles for your digital collection to read on most major devices.
- Account pages are more intuitive and easier to navigate - you can check your holds and wish lists all in one place.