I am trying to use my library email and password to log into Zinio.com, but it says my password is incorrect.
Zinio for Libraries requires that a you create a Zinio for Libraries account to access the OCLS e-magazine collection page and a separate Zinio.com account to read and manage their content. This is a security feature demanded by the publishers participating in our program.
How do I navigate from my Zinio.com account back to the OCLS e-magazine collection page?
After clicking on a magazine your Zinio.com account page will open in a separate tab on your browser. Click on the "Return to Library Collection" tab in your browser to return to the collection page.
How do I access past issues?
The OCLS e-magazine collection page will show all current issues on the main page. At this time, back issues of titles are not available through Zinio for Libraries.
Magazine covers in my collection are not updating. Am I getting current issues?
Yes. Images update automatically through a direct link with the Zinio servers.
Can I view Zinio magazines on my Nook?
The Zinio app is not available for the Nook Color or Tablet. Barnes & Noble does not allow the Zinio app to be downloaded from their app store. Zinio may be accessible through the browser depending on the memory of your Nook.
I am receiving emails from Zinio.com with special promotions and offers. How do I stop receiving these emails?
There are three ways to do this:
- When you first create a user account on Zinio.com, you are asked to set up email permissions as part of that process. If you leave all of the 'boxes' unchecked, you will not receive promotional emails.
- You may change your email permissions anytime by clicking in the "Account Settings" tab on your Zinio.com account page, then on the "Email Preferences" link and checking or unchecking the boxes.
- At the bottom of every email is an "Update Contact Preferences" link that you can use to change your email preferences.
I am receiving emails notifying me when a new magazine is available in my collection, but I do not wish to receive them. How do I stop these emails?
The notification emails transactional (verifying that a transaction has taken place) and are required by publishers on the Zinio.com platform. Notification emails cannot be turned off.
I am not receiving emails notifying me when a new magazine issue is available in my Zinio library. Why not?
The notification emails are sent automatically for any subscription with more than one annual issue. Check to see that your email preferences allow you tom receive emails from Zinio.com. Also, check your email security settings to make sure that emails from email@example.com are approved for delivery.
I created an account but I did not receive my confirmation email. Why not?
The notification emails are sent automatically after you subscribe and should show up in your email account within minutes of registering. If you do not receive the confirmation email, it may have been blocked by your email security setting. Please check your spam or junk mail folder. If it is not there, open your security settings in your email and set them to allow delivery from firstname.lastname@example.org and try the registration process again.
I am having trouble viewing my magazines on Zinio.com when using the Google Chrome browser.
If you are unable to read a magazine in the Google Chrome browser, you may need to update your Flash Player.
To upgrade your Flash Player on Chrome:
- Open the Chrome browser and enter this URL in the location bar: chrome://plugins
- Click on the "Disable" link to disable current Flash Player
- Go to Zinio.com and preview an issue, example: http://www.zinio.com/browse/publications/index.jsp?productId=369336404. This will prompt for a new Flash installation.
- Click the link "Click here to get started." The Download screen should appear, showing version 11.4. Uncheck the optional "McAfee Security Scan Plus" offer. Proceed with the installation.
- Close all Chrome browsers. Open a new one.
- Go to the plugins page by entering this URL in the location bar: chrome://plugins. Enable version 11.4 (may need to expand the Details link on top right corner).
- Go to Zinio.com and the browser reader should work now.
I am receiving free issues of magazines in my Zinio library. How do I stop this from happening?
This is something you can control via your "account settings" tab on Zinio.com. Uncheck the box next to "Daily Deals" and you won't get any more free magazines sent to your Zinio library.
I have selected a title that says "Download Reader 4 to Read." What does that mean?
Some publishers only allow their magazines to be read via download and not via the online reader. These titles require a user to download the Zinio Reader 4 software app to their PC, Mac or mobile device in order to read the magazine. Clicking on the image of the magazine initiates the download process.
I can't download a title to my iPhone or Android mobile device. Why is that?
It may take longer for Zinio.com to format titles for small screen mobile devices because of the 'Text Flow' functionality they use for those devices. Text Flow allows users to read the text only in an article (like an e-book with no pictures) giving a better experience. The mobile device availability status for all titles can be checked by clicking on the List View icon on the 'My Library' link when logged into Zinio.com on your desktop.
What are the system requirements for Zinio?
For use via Web browser, user experience depends on:
- Speed of wireless device
- Processor speed
- Memory space of the device being used
- 1GB internal memory
- 1GHz processor
- Android Honeycomb OS
- Adobe Flash and ActiveX plug-in
- High Speed 802.11b/g/n wireless
- Color screen
If you have any comments or questions about this new service or continue to experience a problem, please contact us at email@example.com.