is one of several online resources available to Library customers who want independent, reliable information and analysis for making investment choices. It offers ratings and analysis for stocks, funds, and ETFs. It also includes industry analysis and an investor education section to help you make the most informed decisions about your investments.
Morningstar, Inc. started printing independent investor research products in 1984 and is a widely recognized resource among individual investors and financial advisors.
Stocks, Funds, and ETFs
- Use Morningstar Screeners to filter stocks, funds, and ETFs according to your specific criteria.
- Choose from more than 220 data points for funds, 470 data points for stocks, and more than 100 criteria for ETFs.
- "Morningstar Screens" are pre-set filters designed by analysts to help you get started.
- Try the "Stock Picks" or "Funds Picks" to quickly find 5-star rated stocks and funds.
- "Analyst Reports" are thorough, in-depth reviews of stocks and funds based on performance data and expert research.
- Use the "Index Returns" and "Sector Returns" to benchmark and compare specific areas of market performance.
- Choose from more than 100 industry sectors for more detailed performance data.
- The "Portfolio X-Ray" is a dynamic way to look at your combined portfolio.
- Try the "X-Ray Interpreter" to get diversification tips and additional analysis of your investments.
- Morningstar now includes a Retirement Cost Calculator and a College Savings Calculator to help you plan for the future.
Help and Education
- Learn about investing, planning, and developing a portfolio that is best for your needs.
- The "Investment Classroom" offers more than 100 brief courses to develop your investing skills.
- Find user guides and tutorials for using Morningstar in this section.
- Use the comprehensive glossary for defining terms, methodologies, and concepts.
Morningstar Investment Research Center is up-to-date, comprehensive, and a valuable resource for new and advanced investors. Use Morningstar information in conjunction with the other databases in our Personal Finance section to get the most diverse perspective of your investments.
Visit our Money Matters Virtual Gallery where you will find print and online resources, recommended websites, and Mobile and Social applications to keep you current in the world of finance.
Available from all library computers and from your home or office computer with your library card and PIN.