Grzimek's Animal Life
Pronounced "Chimmix" or "CHIM-ecks"
From Aardvarks to Zorillas - it's a one stop source for all things animal!
Grzimek's Animal Life has been a one of the most trusted sources for animal and wildlife information in the world of encyclopedias. Now Grzimek's is available as a database and has expanded its coverage and resources to become the best source for your study of almost any animal species. It's useful for animal lovers and researchers at many age levels.
Grzimek's has become a one-stop knowledge shop to learn everything about animals, habitats, biomes, endangered species and animal current events.
A few of Grzimek's features include:
- Over 12,000 photos, maps, videos and audio clips
- Threatened Species Ticker and related links encourage browsing of new topics
- Teachers can create curriculum-coordinated lesson plans
- More than 4,000 species categorize by type, evolution, habitat, behavior range, and more
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech translation, and the ability to translate information into 11 different languages
- The ability to download, print, email articles to your personal email address, or share your findings through social networking websites
With thousands of color images and interactive tools that enhance learning, Grzimek's is an educators and parents dream and delights students. Grzimek's is easy to use and simple to master. With a wealth of resources and written by experts in the field you will be amazed at what you will find in this fun and interactive database.
Available from all library computers and from your home or office computer with your library card and a PIN.