Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Transfer Students

A transfer applicant is one who has enrolled in any college, university or technical/proprietary school since graduating from high school, but who has not completed a baccalaureate degree. Omission of this information is considered falsification and may result in denial of admission or immediate dismissal from the University.

Transfer applicants must submit the following application materials:

  • Application for admission
  • $40 non-refundable application fee
  • Official transcripts from EACH institution attended after high school If the transferable coursework totals 12 or fewer semester hours of non-remedial credit, or 18 or fewer quarter hours, transfer applicants must also submit their official high school transcript (or GED equivalent)
  • Contact the respective campus to register for the S.T.A.R. Program
East Liverpool Campus  ~   330-385-3805 Salem Campus  ~   330-332-0361


  • If you have not completed a FAFSA form for the academic year during which you'll begin classes at Kent State at East Liverpool or Kent State at Salem, you should visit  to do so. Enter school codes 003056 (East Liverpool) or 003061 (Salem) and 003051 (Kent) to have your information sent to Kent State University.
  • If you have completed a FAFSA form for the academic year during which you'll begin classes at Kent State at East Liverpool or Kent State at Salem, call 1-800-433-3243 and request to have your information sent to Kent State University. Request information be sent to school codes 003056 (East Liverpool) or 003061 (Salem) and 003051 (Kent).

Call our Financial Aid office at 330-385-3805 or 330-332-0361 if you have questions.


Kent State University will transfer credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities for non-remedial courses graded C or better. However, transfer credit earned Fall 2005 and later from a regionally accredited Ohio college or university will be awarded for all non-remedial courses in which students earned a grade of D or better. An official evaluation of transfer credit is completed after you are admitted to the University. The credit evaluation, completed by the Transfer Center, explains which courses are transferable. The advising office in the college which houses your major determines the applicability of those courses toward the desired degree. Depending on which schools you have attended, you may be able to preview how your credits will transfer by visiting a web site established by the Ohio Board of Regents. This web site shows how credits transfer from one Ohio institution to another. For more information, please visit

The following information provides guidance to assist with the financial aid process if you plan to transfer to Kent State University from another institution:

  • If you have already completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), make sure that you have listed Kent State University as one of the colleges or universities to receive the results of the form. If you have not, then please call (319) 337-5665 to add Kent State University (refer here for a complete listing of the Federal School Codes for each campus).
  • If you have been awarded a Federal Stafford or Federal Direct Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized), or Federal Parent loan, contact your lender or servicer to cancel the remaining disbursements and obtain a deferment form. Contact the financial aid office at your institution for loan exit information.
  • If you have been awarded a Federal Perkins Loan, notify the financial aid office at your current institution of your plans to transfer and obtain a deferment form. A loan exit interview will be required.
Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.