Graduation and Commencement Ceremony Checklist
Graduation and Commencement Ceremony Checklist IMAGE: Checklist
Congratulations on your achievement!
Graduation is held once a year at the East Liverpool Campus. We welcome and encourage graduates from Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 to participate in the Spring 2014 commencement ceremony.
Even if you are not planning on attending your commencement ceremony, review the graduation checklist and respond about your ceremony attendance through the online RSVP system. Attendance at a commencement ceremony does not guarantee that your degree has been granted. All degree requirements must be met and verified before diplomas are printed.
- Apply for Graduation with the online graduation application on FlashLine
- Confirm your personal information on FlashLine for diploma mailing and printing.
- RSVP for your East Liverpool Commencement Ceremony online at http://www.col.kent.edu/graduation/eastliverpool/rsvp.cfm beginning Feb. 15, 2014.
- Make arrangements for guests with special needs that will be attending by calling Beth Allison-Christy at 330-382-7418.
- Purchase your cap, gown and tassel in the bookstore after Monday, March 17, 2014.
- Mandatory Rehearsal is on Thursday, May 8th at 11:30am at the Memorial Auditorium (Downtown YMCA). Graduates should plan for rehearsal to last approximately 1 hour.
- Review ceremony dates and times and mark your calendar.
Graduation will be May 9th at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the Memorial Auditorium (Downtown YMCA) located at 500 East Fourth Street East Liverpool, OH 43920. Graduates need to arrive and report to the Memorial Auditorium by 7:00 p.m. and the ceremony starts at 7:30 p.m. Graduates will wear the traditional cap and gown. Caps should be placed or pinned so that they appear flat on top of the head. Acceptable attire for under your gown should be professional dress. Jeans, shorts and sneakers should not be worn. Typically, male graduates wear dress pants, a shirt and tie, and female graduates wear skirts or dress slacks and blouses.
- A reception with refreshments for graduates and their family and friends will be held before the ceremony from 6:00pm. - 7:00pm
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address six to eight weeks after the commencement ceremony. You will not receive your actual diploma at Commencement. Please make sure your address is up to date on FlashLine. The name that will appear on your diploma is the name on your student academic record. This is the name that prints on your transcript, bill, schedule, etc.
- Join the Alumni Association
- Settle accounts with the Bursar's Office
- Complete Student Financial Aid loan exit counseling
- Still have questions? Contact Beth Allison-Christy directly at 330-382-7418