2012-2013 Faculty Speaker SeriesDeadline for Proposals: Friday, April 27, 2012
Faculty Speaker Proposal
Questions can be directed to any Speaker Committee member:
Chris Post (Chair)
Faculty Speaker Series
2012-2013 Budget: $5,000
Ideal speakers will have interdisciplinary appeal and may be willing to visit classrooms for informal conversations, as well as give a more formal talk open to the campus community.
Before submitting a proposal, please do the following:
- Contact the proposed speaker to ensure availability and to determine what the speaker's fees and other expenses would be involved in bringing the speaker to campus.
- Contact other faculty members whose research or teaching interests might also be related to the speaker's field of experience. Proposals that can demonstrate broad faculty support will be given preference.
- Determine what other funding sources might be available to help support the speaker's visit to campus (such as URC), especially if you wish to bring in a speaker beyond our local area.
- Be prepared to write a rationale for bringing this speaker to campus that includes:
- an overview of the person's work
- the value for our faculty and potentially our students
- demonstrated interest and support from other faculty
- the type of talk/presentation/class visits that you envision
- Be prepared to help host the speaker and lend a hand with arrangements.