Technical & Applied Studies
Technical & Applied Studies at Kent State Stark
The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies degree is offered through the Regional College. It is designed for students who are beginning their academic study or for students who hold an associate degree or have completed some college-level coursework; the program will accommodate varied educational backgrounds, develop competencies needed for success in a variety of work settings and offer major courses in schedules attractive traditional students and to time- and place-bound adults.
Students may declare one of the nine optional concentrations within the Technical and Applied Studies major listed below, or select the major without a concentration.
- Applied Business Concentration
- Computer Technology Application Development Concentration
- Computer Technology Applied Computer Security and Forensics Technology Concentration
- Computer Technology General Concentration
- Computer Technology Internet/Multimedia Concentration
- Computer Technology Networking Concentration
- Fire and Emergency Services Administration Concentration
- Industrial Security Concentration
- Non-profit—Human Services Concentration
Is Technical & Applied Studies Right for You?The Technical & Applied Studies degree may be a good fit if you have:
- Some college credit in a concentrated area
- An applied associate degree
- A desire to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to move from a technical role into a supervisory position
This degree provides a blended, breadth of learning experience that is cross-disciplinary, and is quite different from the traditional degree which provides depth within a single discipline. Students who desire a major with depth in a specific discipline should consider a traditional bachelor's degree.
Technical & Applied Studies will prepare you for your next step through a capstone course that features a synthesizing of learning focused on the ten foundational competencies. An electronic portfolio displaying your work throughout the program assists with job search and career development.