Current Student Scholarships
2013-2014 Current Student ScholarshipsKent State Stark offers a host of scholarships to its currently enrolled students. These scholarships are funded through generous gifts and donations by family foundations and the Kent State Stark campus community. A scholarship committee consisting of Kent State Stark faculty, administration, staff and students selects the scholarship recipients.
New Incoming Freshmen
The below application can be used to apply for the following scholarships that are also available to new incoming freshmen:
- Kent State Stark Alumni Scholarship
- Charity Rotch Scholarship
- Charles and Judy Scheurer Endowed Scholarship
IMAGE: Step 1
- Available to current Kent State Stark students only, with the exception of the three scholarships available to new incoming freshmen.
- You must attend Kent State Stark for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Scholarships are for the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 semesters only.
- Scholarships are not available for Summer 2013 or Summer 2014.
- Your currently enrolled hours will count toward the scholarship credit hour minimum.
- You will be considered for a scholarship if you are a current Kent State Stark student and your complete application materials have been received by the deadline.
- Scholarship availability, criteria and award amounts are subject to change.
- All scholarship application materials are due by March 1, 2013.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Grid View Available 2013-14 Current Student Scholarships (pdf)
- Eligibility Criteria
- Essay Questions
- Additional Requirements
IMAGE: Step 3
- Each scholarship requires an essay. Essay questions are listed in the PDF above.
- Essay responses should be 300-500 words, typed and double-spaced.
Write your essays BEFORE applying online. During the application process, you will upload your essays before submitting your application. Be sure your essays are not open on your desktop when you attempt to upload them or you will get an error.
- If you reference an organization or discuss your involvement with a community service activity, at the end of your essay, provide the name and phone number of the person who can verify your involvement.
ESSAYS MUST BE SAVED IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
1. Save your essay document using this naming convention:
2. Acceptable formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf
Your name is Olivia Tucker.
The scholarship you are applying for is the Kent State Stark ALUMNI Scholarship.
You should name your essay: OLIVIATUCKER-ALUMNI
Your name is Mark Davidson.
The scholarship you are applying for is the Charity ROTCH Scholarship.
You should name your essay: MARKDAVIDSON-ROTCH
Notice that most scholarships have the name of the donor in the title. Use the donor's last name to identify your scholarship.
In the case of the Kent State Stark scholarships, use the identifying name differentiating the scholarship: ADMINISTRATORS, ALUMNI, EVENING, MULTICULTURAL, NONTRADITIONAL, STUDENT, STUDENT SERVICES or THEATRE.
Aultman Hospital Scholarship Fund should be named AULTMAN.
Austin-Bailey Health and Wellness Foundation Scholarship should be named AUSTIN-BAILEY.
The University Center "Work Ethic Matters" OFF-Campus Scholarship should be named UNIVERSITYCENTER-OFF.
The University Center "Work Ethic Matters" ON-Campus Scholarship should be named UNIVERSITYCENTER-ON.
IMAGE: Step 4
You will be asked for your Kent State ID Number on the application. Your Kent State ID Number is a 9-digit number that begins with 8. You can find it in FlashLine > My Account > My Identity. Have it ready before you apply online. It is not your Social Security number.
IMAGE: Step 5
Note: You need to only submit ONE application, even if you are applying for more than one scholarship.
Online Application Deadline:
March 1, 2013
Scholarship Award Notification:
Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee shortly after the application deadline. Applicants will receive award notification by email to the address listed on the application by June 30.
Other Scholarship Resources:
Office of Student Services
132 Main Hall
Each year, Kent State Stark recognizes our scholarship recipients and their benefactors at an October luncheon held at The University Center. Students receive mailed invitations to their home address.