Get Started: A Crash Course in College Planning
Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012
6 - 7:45 p.m.
Main Hall Auditorium
Kent State University at Stark
During Get Started, we'll cover the following topics to help you get started on your college planning!
- College visits - what to ask / where to go
- How to pick a college - the timeline and process
- Comparing institutions and tuition
- Exploring common fears
- Overcoming financial constraints
- Choosing a major
- Student expectations versus parental expectations
- Attend a mock class
- Difference from high school expectations
- What's a syllabus?
- Class size and structure
- Finding a balance - 60 hour rule
- Jobs, relationships and commitments
- Importance of getting involved
- Using your resources