Prepare for Your First Step Day
A confirmation email has been sent to your Kent State email address with your First Step date selection and other important information.
Prepare for Your First Step DayCheck-In: Library Lobby
Time: 9:45 a.m. (there is no need to arrive any earlier than 9:45 a.m.)
You are welcome to park in any Student or Visitor Lot. Parking passes are not required. Do not park in lots designated for faculty and staff.
All components of First Step are mandatory for incoming first year students. Critical information pertaining to registration and campus resources will be provided throughout the day. Plan your day accordingly so you can attend First Step for its duration.
What to Bring with You to First Step
- Photo ID so you can get your FLASHcard ID (driver's license or state-issued ID)
- If applicable, any unofficial transcripts reflecting college credit earned through pre-college programs such as PSEO or dual enrollment.
Lunch During First Step
- We will be providing lunch for you and your guests (maximum 3) in our Emporium.
- Boxed lunches include a turkey sub, homemade potato chips, bottled water and a cookie.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available.
- Other lunch items will be available for purchase in the Emporium.
First Step Agenda
10:00 Welcome | FlashLine Tour | Your First Year
10:45 Paying for College
11:45 Cultural Competency (students) | Transitions (parents/guardians)
12:30 Lunch in the Emporium
1:15 Advising & Registration Workshop
2:00 Individual Advising & Registration
4:00 First Step ends
If you need to change your date due to an unforeseen circumstance, you must call 330-244-3244. Do NOT submit another reservation form.
First Step Contact:
Office of Student Services