Special Topics & Webinars
Special Topic: Lean for Frontline Supervisors- Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The overall success of a Lean transformation depends on leadership, especially frontline supervision. Supervisors are the critical links between management and the people in the workplace. They are in a key position to lead and create motivation. And, most importantly, the supervisors are expected to change the current culture into a culture of continuous improvement.
However, despite these management expectations, most organizations give supervisors limited attention. Supervisors often manage more people than anyone in the company. Yet receive the least amount of training. And, it’s not enough to just include supervisors in training. The Lean training has to be designed specifically for the supervisors.
This one-day workshop focuses on the fundamental challenges the supervisors face in leading a Lean culture change including:
- Business Case for Lean (What’s-in-it-for-me?)
- Supervisor (gemba) waste walks and participation in Kaizen Events
- Quick look at the Lean Toolbox (including 5S, value stream map, standardized work)
- How to lead team-based problem solving (PDCA)
- Employee engagement ideas to sustain process improvements
- Supervisor engagement ideas to help build a culture of continuous improvement