The Kent State Stark Bookstore Buys Books Back Every Day!During buyback, you can sell your textbooks back for a percentage of the new book price. You must have a photo ID to participate in buyback. We try to buy back as many books as possible, but our list of buyback books is
based on the text orders we receive from the faculty, so buying back your book
is not guaranteed.
How does Buyback work?
- The bookstore will pay up to 50% of the purchase price for books that are re-adopted for the next semester and quantities are still in need. The condition of the book will affect pricing.
- The wholesaler could offer you a price ranging from 10% to 33% of the new book price. If a text is going into a new edition, chances are you will not be able to sell it back.
- Software, custom packets, workbooks and activity manuals are usually not eligible for buyback.
- Important: Books sold as a part of a package, i.e. with CD's, companion booklets, etc, will only be brought back as a package.
The Kent State Stark Bookstore will offer you up to 50% of the purchase price for your textbook, providing it meets the following criteria:
- We have received an adoption for the text from the faculty for the upcoming semester.
- We are in need of additional quantities of that text.
- It is in reusable condition.