If you missed our semester buyback, you can
sell your books back online.
Could You Use Some Extra Cash?During buyback, you can sell your textbooks back for a percentage of the new book price. You must have a photo ID to participate in buyback. We try to buy back as many books as possible, but our list of buyback books is based on the text orders we receive from the faculty, so buying back your book is not guaranteed.
Fall 2012 Finals Week Buyback: Dec. 10 - 15
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Both the bookstore and an independent wholesaler will be buying back books in the designated area.
- The bookstore will offer you up to 50% of the new book price for your text-whether you bought it new or used. Books bought at 50% of the new book price are books that will be used for the upcoming semester.
- The wholesaler could offer you a price ranging from 10% to 33% of the new book price. If a text is going into a new edition, chances are you will not be able to sell it back.
- Software, custom packets, workbooks and activity manuals are usually not eligible for buyback.
- Important: Books sold as a part of a package, i.e. with tapes, cd's, companion booklets, etc, will only be brought back as a package.
The Kent State Stark Bookstore will offer you up to 50% of the new book price for your text providing it meets the following criteria:
- We have received an adoption for the text from the faculty for the upcoming semester.
- We are in need of additional quantities of that text.
- It is in reusable condition.