IMAGE: Interfaith Campus Ministry
Academic Success Center
44 Campus Center
IMAGE: Michael Gleason
Dr. Michael Gleason
Director and Campus Minister
If you wish to support our programming at Kent State University, Stark State College or the Campus Preschool and Childcare Center, you can securely contribute online through PayPal. Your gifts are sincerely appreciated.
Interfaith Campus Ministry Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization and therefore your donation may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. Please consult your tax advisor.
Interfaith Campus Ministry
Founded in 1967, Interfaith Campus Ministry serves the spiritual needs of the students, faculty, staff and administration of Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College through its various programs and services. In addition, Interfaith serves as a link between the campus and area religious congregations or volunteer service organizations. Central to the mission of Interfaith is the desire to provide a faith-based atmosphere where students can explore and grow in their own beliefs, while also gaining an appreciation for the beliefs of others.
Interfaith Programs and Services
Many programs and services are offered through the Interfaith Campus Ministry. Here are just a few:
- Interfaith Fair: Students, faculty, and staff who practice Hindu, Muslim, Christian (Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox), Jewish, and other faiths provide both information and foods representing their traditions.
- Interfaith dialogues and symposiums
- 9/11 and May 4 Remembrance Services
- Ash Wednesday Service
- Students interested in the Christian faith are invited to visit Rooted in Faith, which is a Kent State University student organization. Weekly meetings include worship, Bible study, and fellowship. Call the Interfaith office for meeting time and location. Rooted in Faith also sponsors a variety of campus-wide programming and service projects.
- Weekly small group Scripture studies
- Spiritual guidance and confidential faith-based counseling
- Emergency assistance referral and support
- Assisting students in their search for an area faith community
- Other programming as announced throughout the academic year
Campus Preschool and Childcare Center
Interfaith operates a preschool and child care center to serve the needs of students, faculty, staff and the surrounding community. The center is located at the John Knox Presbyterian Church, across from the Kent State Stark and Stark State College campuses. Operating since 1976, the center provides care for approximately 100 children, ranging in age from six weeks to 12 years old.
IMAGE: Campus Preschool
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Campus Preschool and Child Care Center
5155 Eastlake N.W.
North Canton, Ohio 44720