You Served Our Country, Now It's Our Turn to Serve YouWhether you postponed higher education to join the military or started and then put your education on hold to serve our nation, you can be confident that Kent State is committed to helping you achieve academic success. This includes ensuring that it is as easy as possible for you to receive the educational benefits to which you are entitled through the GI Bill, or any other established program, and to make sure your transition to college is a smooth one.
Kent State has been recognized for the third year as one of the top universities doing to the most to embrace America's veterans on G.I. Jobs 2014 List of Military Friendly Schools.
Veterans Services at Kent State Stark:
Checklist for Veterans & Dependents
Academic Advising Services
- Financial Aid and FAFSA Assistance
- GI Educational Benefits Assistance
- Career Services
- Student Accessibility Services
Additional Veterans Resources:
Military Call-Up Guidelines
Procedures if you are called for involuntary active duty:
- You must submit a copy of your mobilization order to the University Registrar’s Office at the Kent Campus. These can be faxed to 330-672-4836, or sent to the University Registrar’s Office, 122 Schwartz Center, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242-0001.
- If you need to leave immediately, contact Barb Lloyd 330-672-1614 and leave your name, Kent State ID number or social security number, reserve unit designation and location, name of unit aid and phone number, and whether or not you are enrolled in the Kent State ROTC.
- Contact your professors.
- Contact Annie Fritz, VA Certifying Official at 330-244-3246, with your name, Kent State ID number, or stop by Student Services.
- Read the Military Call-Up Guidelines for details of your options addressing enrollment.