New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics and Registry offers the convenience of ordering a copy of a vital record online.
Key facts about ordering online:
- Faster than if you apply in writing directly to the Office of Vital Statistics and Registry
- Vital Records are sent to you typically within 1 week from date request approved. This time is not guaranteed and may be longer or shorter based upon the number of requests received.
- Pay by credit card or debit card
- Additional processing fee of $5, online authentication fee of $5 (non-refundable) and $12 shipping fee via UPS carrier. PLEASE NOTE: the UPS fee does not expedite the processing of the order, but it will shorten the length of time it takes to reach you once the order has been processed (typically within 1 week.)
- Online orders will be shipped via selected method. Online orders are not available for pick up at our walk in center.
To begin ordering, click on the online button and follow the instructions. You will not have to return to the Office of Vital Statistics and Registry web page.
Place Online Order - Order at your convenience, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Status of Online Order - Check the Status of your Online Order
Phone - For questions regarding ordering online, call 609-528-9316
Please have ready the following before continuing:
- Government issued driver's license/non-driver's license
- Credit card in your name
- Scanned copy of all supporting documentation in the approved format(PDF, JPEG, TIF)