Page Content Main Links Utility Links Search Footer Links What is this view?
10 Things You Didn't Know About NJ
Click here to view more about this content
- The first organized baseball game was played in Hoboken, NJ in 1846.
- New Jersey’s State House is the second oldest still in use. (Maryland has the oldest.)
- New Jersey was known as the "Pathway of the Revolution." Over 100 battles were fought on New Jersey soil.
- New Jersey has more horses per square mile than any other state. The United States Equestrian Team is headquartered in Gladstone, NJ.
- The properties in the United States version of the board game Monopoly are named after the streets of Atlantic City.
What is this view?
You are using a dynamic assistive view of the The State of New Jersey site. It has all the same data and features of the original site but formatted just with assistive users in mind. It has links and content reorganized to aid assistive users and has controls at the bottom under assistive options that allow you to control key aspects such as font size and contrast colors etc.
This is not a separate text-only site, it's a dynamic view that uses unique technology from Usablenet to give assistive users better, more accessible access to the same content and features as all users that use the graphic view of the site.