Page Content Main Links Utility Links Page Links Search Footer Links What is this view?
- 21 counties and 566 municipalities.
- 2 United States Senators.
- 13 United States Representatives.
- 40 State Senators.
- 80 Members of the General Assembly.
- 8,414,350 residents (as of 2000).
- 3,064,645 households (as of 2000).
- 314 public libraries.
- 1,866 public elementary schools.
- 398 public secondary schools.
- 132 private high schools.
- 20 four-year colleges.
- 21 two-year colleges.
- 2 engineering colleges.
- 1 medical college.
- 2 dental colleges.
- 6 theological colleges.
- 7,504.8 square miles of land.
- 699.57 square miles of water.
- 8,204.37 square miles total area.
- 127 miles of coastline on the Atlantic Ocean.
- more than 800 lakes and ponds.
- more than 100 rivers and creeks.
- 36 state parks.
- 11 state forests.
- 24 historic sites.
- 42 natural areas.
- 4 national recreational areas.
- 4 state marinas.
- 34,268 miles of highways and roads.
What is this view?
You are using a dynamic assistive view of the The State of New Jersey site. It has all the same data and features of the original site but formatted just with assistive users in mind. It has links and content reorganized to aid assistive users and has controls at the bottom under assistive options that allow you to control key aspects such as font size and contrast colors etc.
This is not a separate text-only site, it's a dynamic view that uses unique technology from Usablenet to give assistive users better, more accessible access to the same content and features as all users that use the graphic view of the site.