Summer Aid Information/Request Form
Are you planning on taking summer classes at Kent State Trumbull?If so, in addition to applying for student aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you are also required to complete the Kent State University Summer 2014 Financial Aid Request Form. This form allows us to collect additional information to accurately award your student aid for the summer.
Complete the Kent State University Summer 2014 Financial Aid Request Form now!
Effective July 31, 2014 this Online application will no longer be available for applying for Summer 2014 financial aid.
SUMMER 2014 FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS
- Using grants, scholarships, loans, or work study during the summer may decrease your fall/spring aid.
- Processing of the Summer Aid Request begins in the month of April.
- Please check your Financial Aid Status within FlashLine for the status of your Summer Aid Request.
- You must have completed the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
- Complete the Summer Aid Request Form.
- Be enrolled in summer courses.
- You must be in compliance with the Academic Progress Policy.
- If selected for Verification, all requested document must be submitted and processed.
- Enrolled in six credit hours for use of loans (4 hours for graduate students).
- Withdrawal of hours after financial aid has been disbursed may result in a reduction of financial aid.
- If repeating a course, review new regulation regarding financial aid. View repeating coursework page.
- If you indicate that you will graduate in August or December, your Federal Direct Loan will be prorated based on your enrolled credit hours. View Loan Proration page.
Federal TEACH Grant 1 1
Federal Direct Loan 6 4
Federal Parent PLUS Loan 6 Not Eligible
Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Not Eligible 4
Federal Work Study* 6 6
Ohio College Opportunity Grant 1 Not Eligible
Pennsylvania State Grant 6 Not Eligible
Scholarships** 12 9
*-Enrollment not required during summer
**-May vary depending on scholarship
Disbursement of Summer Aid
Financial aid for summer will be disbursed on May 31, 2014 for intersession, session 1, and session 2. If you are enrolled in session 3 only, financial aid will disburse on July 7, 2014. At the time of disbursement, you must meet all enrollment and compliance requirements for all summer aid you have been awarded.