Learning Center Employment
The Learning Center at Kent State Trumbull is continuously seeking highly motivated students for tutoring positions. Students applying for the job must enjoy working with college students of all ages, have an empathic understanding of their needs, and have excellent communication skills.
Tutors aid students with academic problems and concerns through a variety of learning techniques and are tasked with:
- Maintaining a professional demeanor while conducting tutoring sessions.
- Enable tutees to become independent, responsible learners.
- Demonstrating trust and confidentiality.
- Taking responsibility for the appearance of the Learning Center.
- Fostering an environment conducive to learning.
- Proctoring exams for professors at scheduled times.
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation, including one (1) from a professor in your tutoring area.
- Register for a minimum of six credit hours for each semester of tutoring.
- Complete a one credit Peer Tutoring class (US 20203) during the first semester of tutoring.
- Submit a sample of your academic writing (prospective English tutors only).
To learn more about becoming a Learning Center tutor, please contact Elaine Shively at 330-675-8932 or email@example.com.