Service-Learning will enable Students to:
- Understand the needs of the community;
- Participate with local non-profit organizations in helping them achieve a goal;
- Obtain real-world experience;
- Expand education outside the classroom.
Service-Learning will enable Faculty to:
- Assist in building stronger relationships between the university and the community;
- Involve students in significant learning activities that take place outside the normal classroom setting;
- Invigorate their teaching practice through high impact and innovative pedagogy.
Service-Learning will enable Community Partners to:
- Fulfill goals for their organization that may have otherwise been impossible;
- Receive additional assistance in areas of need;
- Publicize the goals and needs of their organization;
- Provide experiences that will positively shape our future community leaders.