For the past several months, UAB employees have been mentoring eighth-graders from Hayes K-8 School to help improve the students’ self-esteem and create higher education aspirations.
Watch eggs fall on Alabama — and more! Check out this week’s episode of the UAB Minute to see what happened when UAB's famous Egg Drop competition took on Vulcan, check out the sights at the Earth Day Festival and take in the take down of the university's landmark "Complex Vision" artwork.
Baseball season is just getting into full swing, but David Brewer lives and breathes America's pastime year-round. Brewer, who earned bachelor's and master's degrees in history from UAB, is the executive director of the nonprofit that oversees Birmingham's Rickwood Field, the oldest remaining professional baseball park in the country and the former home of Hall of Famers and movie stars alike. Discover what it takes to preserve a century-old ballpark that still hosts hundreds of events each year, and how a UAB education in the heart of a historically rich community gave Brewer the tools to succeed in the role.
- 7 THINGS TO KNOW FOR THE WEEK: April 13-19
- Blazer Boosters to host Belles & Whistles fundraiser April 17
- UAB Percussion Ensembles to perform April 17
- Meet new UAB Football Coach Bill Clark April 17
- 38th Juried Student Exhibition through April 18
- UAB commencement ceremonies, doctoral hooding ceremony April 26
- ArtPlay Parlor Series presents pianist Ji May 1
- Young Supporters 's Fiesta Ball May 1
- UAB Campus Calendar
- Submit an event