Observations on depression with insight gleaned from the laboratory and the clinic are the focus of the third UAB Neuroscience Café at the Hoover Library.
UAB hydrogen-fuel-cell bus unveiled, joins MAX fleet The Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority now will have a UAB-developed, zero-emissions bus in its downtown MAX fleet, and the city is home to the only hydrogen-fuel-cell bus and fueling station in the Southeast.
UAB's nighttime celebration of Birmingham’s artistic and technological creativity returns May 8-10 with new dimensions: 3-D digital projections, virtual reality and a grove of glowing artworks. The free, public event, now in its second year, will feature installations from 40 local artists and require more than a half-mile of cable, thousands of 3-D glasses — and 5,000-plus square feet of polyester draping. Meet some of the bright minds behind the festival, and discover what it takes to bring their wildest dreams to light, in UAB Magazine.
- 7 THINGS TO KNOW FOR THE WEEK: April 20-26
- UAB Opera Scenes: Born in America April 18
- UAB commencement ceremonies, doctoral hooding ceremony April 26
- ArtPlay Parlor Series presents pianist Ji May 1
- Young Supporters 's Fiesta Ball May 1
- ASC presents 3-D Light Dreams II festival May 8-10
- UAB Campus Calendar
- Submit an event