Eminent leaders from business, academia, medicine, science and public policy comprise the new Board of Visitors that will advise Senior Vice President and Dean Selwyn M. Vickers, M.D., and advocate for the School of Medicine in its quest to become the preferred academic medical center of the 21st century.
The small group, co-chaired by Ted W. Love, M.D., and Gail H. Cassell, Ph.D., held its inaugural meeting Sept. 19. It will convene twice annually.
For more than 50 years, the alliance between UAB and Children’s of Alabama has provided world-class care to the youngest, most vulnerable patients and established Birmingham as a nationally renowned center for pediatric medicine. Now the Board of Trustees of Children’s has pledged $5 million to The Campaign for UAB to support new pediatric initiatives in the School of Medicine. An important first step was the recruitment of Mitchell Cohen, M.D., a national leader in pediatric medicine, as chair of the Department of Pediatrics at UAB.
- 7 THINGS TO KNOW FOR THE WEEK Sept. 21-27
- See the star-studded tour "Experience Hendrix" Sept. 25
- “The Essentials” spotlights swing with Kirk Whalum Sept. 26
- UAB Homecoming Week Oct. 5-11
- Eric Lu to perform in next UAB Piano Series Oct. 12
- Out Week activities planned Oct. 13-17
- UAB Campus Calendar
- Submit an event