Welcome to UAB Nutrition Trends. We are the Nutrition Sciences Department at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). We want our Nutrition Trends website to be a place for our local and national communities to have a conversation about food, nutrition, and health. We don't tell you what to eat. We give you what you need to make your own informed choices.
You can now watch us on YouTube!
- Find Kale Recipes Here!
- Good Day Alabama Viewers: For the IBS diet information you recently saw, click here for the FODMAP diet! Go all the way to the bottom of the column for the printable list. Also read Dr. Beth K's blog!
- Find out how writing down what you eat can help you lose weight. Print your own food record too!
- See UAB obesity experts on the national news!
- Find out the latest nutrition news and facts about food
- Meet some of the people who work at UAB Nutrition Sciences on our "Face Space"
- Join in on the conversation with Beth Kitchin PhD RD twice a week on her blog "The Kitchin Sink"
- Visit other health and nutrition sites on "Healthy Links"
- If you live in or near Birmingham, find out about studies that you may want to be a part of on "Programs, Clinics, and Studies"