Reporting an IRIS Authorization Issue
IRIS users who encounter authorization issues should check with the appropriate supervisor or business officer before reporting the denial of access as an authorization issue. Confirming that access to a particular transaction is required (necessary for performing job duties) is a first step.
If an authorization issue needs to be reported, users should take these next two steps:
1. Save a record of the authorization error.
Immediately following the denial of access, with the “not authorized” message still on the bottom of the screen, enter /nSU53 in the Command field at the top of the screen.
The Display Authorization Data screen will appear, with details on the authorization issue.
Click on the button.
On the Menu Bar at the top of the screen, select System> List> Save> Local File.
When the dialog box appears, choose Unconverted, and then click on the check mark icon.
Click on the Possible Entries icon in the Directory field to specify where you want to save the file.
Select the Desktop of your computer for easy retrieval. Enter a name for the file, and be sure to use file extension .txt.
To save the error report to your computer desktop, click on Generate in the lower-left corner of the dialog box.
2. Send an e-mail message about your authorization issue to the IRIS BASIS Team.
Attach the file you saved to an e-mail message addressed to IRISBASIS@email.uky.edu.
Provide the following information in the e-mail message:
- The transaction code you entered when the authorization issue occurred;
- The activity you were trying to perform within this transaction (such as Create, Add, Delete, Change);
- Your User ID, full name, e-mail address, and phone number; and any other information that may seem relevant.