Exchange and your iPhone\iPad
Exchange email setup on your iOS device (iPhones or iPads)
Please note: iOS 4.0 or later will support multiple exchange email accounts.
Much more information concerning email and iPhones can be found at the apple.com
- Server = exchange.uky.edu
- Domain = AD or MC (depending on your Link Blue Account)
- UserID = Link-Blue userid example: jmd222 (not your University Email Address or UEA)
Step by Step Installation Instructions
Step 1: Find your iPhone “setting” app
Step 2: On the Settings, choose “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars”
Step 3: From Mail, Contacts, and Calendars, choose “Add Account” under Accounts
Step 4: From “Add Account”, choose “Microsoft Exchange”.
Step 5: From “Exchange” page
- enter your email address: email@example.com (not your University Email Address or UEA)
- Link Blue Account password
- Description: UK Exchange
After your iPhone verifies your settings, move to step 6.
Step 6: From the Account page, choose to enter your domain. Your domain will either be “AD” or “MC”. If you do not know your domain, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-4357 (HELP). Also you will need to enter the server name: exchange.uky.edu
Please review the other setting to make sure the settings are correct:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (not your UEA address)
- Server: exchange.uky.edu
- Domain: Either MC or AD depending on your account. If you do not know, please call the UKIT Service Desk at 859-218-4357 (HELP)
- Username: This is your Link-Blue Userid (not your UEA address)
- Password: This is your Link-Blue password
- Choose to use SSL by sliding the toggle button to on
- Leave the S/MIME to off
Step 7: Tap on "done", Then check the Mail app to confirm emails are being delivered to phone.