NOTE:UK Students and Employes have the option to use the virtual desktop instead of installing SAS. Go to http://www.uky.edu/ukat/labs/VirtualDEN for more information.
*SAS/JMP Genomics is not included on the MyVirtualDEN
- MyVirtual Den only has version SAS 9.3 m2 and JMP
- JMP Genomics 6.0 can only be found as a download from the download.uky.edu
- JMP Genomics can not be installed on a machine which has SAS 9.3 m2 installed
- If you need to have access to both SAS and SAS/JMP Genomics, you can install Genomics on your machine and use SAS using the MyVirtualDEN
- Navigate to download.uky.edu and log in with your linkblue credentials
- Make sure your computer is securely connected to the campus network using the
Cisco VPN client (also available at download.uky.edu before beginning your SAS download
- Right click on the folder and choose "Extract All..."
- Click on INSTALL.bat to begin the installation process. Please Note: that the installation process could take a few hours to complete
- Choose Installation Language
- Choose Language Support
- SAS Deployment Wizard will check your system to ensure it can install
- Installation will run automatically
choose language support
- If you haven't already, complete the license survey that can be found on download.uky.edu. Upon completing the survey, you will receive your software license in your email.
- Open Notepad
- Copy contents of the license and paste into notepad
- Save this as a .txt file to your desktop
- Run the license activation wizard with your new license to license your software.
Download Login Screen
NOTE: This is a very large download. If possible, please connect directly with a wired connection, rather than wireless, to mitigate the chances of a download time-out
SAS 9.4 Installation
- After downloading all four parts to SAS 9.4
- Open 7-Zip File Manager, which is available for download here
- Browse to the folder where you have all
- Highlight sas94win64.7z.001 and select the extract button
- When the below screen appears change the destination to your desktop and give it a folder name as in the example below and select OK
- Allow the files to process into the new folder
- Once extraction is complete, go to the destination folder and drill down as shown in the image below and double click on the 'Setup' application file
- Follow the prompts so that the Deployment Wizard begins as shown in the screenshot below.
- When the Select Deployment Task Appears choose Install SAS software
- Specify SAS Home then click Next
- Select Install SAS Foundation and Related Software then Select Next
- Select SAS Power and Sample Size in addition to what has been selected by default then select Next
- Select 64-bit Native Mode. Please note: this will not install fully on a 32-bit windows machine. Then select next.
- Specify SAS Installation Data file. Please note: this step will be required twice. Once for the build session and one after the installation of SAS 9.4.
- Select Language Support. By default English is chosen. Select additional languages if you desire, then select next.
- Leave Regional Settings set to 'English (United States) [en_US] and select next.
- Choose SAS foundation (64-bit) for Default Product for SAS File Types
- At this point SAS will begin preparing your system for install. Once complete click next after each of the prompts below.
- Once the Pending Reboot screen shows, please select 'Allow' to reboot and start the installation of the software.
- Please note that after your system has restarded there will be a lag before the setup restarts again. If SAS fails to resume the setup process please go back to the folder you found Setup in. Click this and the following screen will appear.
- Once the deployment is complete select next.
- Once complete, open SAS 9.4
- Open the email from the qualtrics email and follow the link to the new fiscal year's SAS9.4 license.
- If you have not done so, close SAS and go to your Windows 8 applications screen and select Renew SAS Software (64-bit)
- When the Renew SAS software window appears, browse to the newly created text file you created and select it. Then click next.
- The Verify SAS Installation Data will appear. Select OK
- Wait for the Renew SAS Software Success window to appear then click on OK.
Please note: there wil be a slight lag on the 2nd SAS Deployment screen before the Deployment task window appears.
The default is shown below.
To do this click 'Browse...' and select your Installation Data File
a. Open Notepad
b. Copy the contents of the license and paste into notepad
c. Save this as a *.txt file to your desktop
Looking for SAS 9.4 Installation Instructions?
SAS 9.3 installation
- Download 7-Zip Software from
- Restart your machine
- From the main UK website, www.uky.edu, click on Link Blue and then Software Download.
- Type SAS in gray search bar and click Search
- Locate SAS 9.3 32bit Part 1 of 7 and select click here to register and obtain your license
- Complete request form and the license file will be emailed to you
- Download all 7 parts of SAS to your desktop (Start the next part after the prior part finishes)
- Right click on the SAS 9.3 TS1 M2 32bit.zip.001 file on your desktop, select 7-zip and Open archive
- This will open a 7-Zip window that displays the SAS 9.3 folder
- Drag this folder from the 7-zip application to your desktop. (This process is copying and combining all 7 of the SAS zip files for installation and will take 10-20 minutes)
- Open the new folder on your desktop SAS 9.3 TS1 M2 32bit
- Double click on setup and click Run, if needed
- SAS Deployment Wizard starts
- Choose Language
- Choose Install SAS software and click Next
- Enter or Browse to select Installation location and click Next
- Choose Install SAS Foundation and Related Software and click Next
- 10 products are already checked. Additionally, check SAS Power and Sample Size and click Next
- Select the SAS Foundation Products you would like to install and click Next
- Open email containing Registration information and copy
- Under Specify SAS Installation Data File, browse to the license file you received after filling out the online registration form and click Next
- Select Language Support, choose clear all first, English will still be installed; if you need an additional language please select one and click Next.
- Select Java Runtime Environment leave “Use the recommended Java Runtime Environment” selected, click Next.
- Specify SAS Document Conversion Host and Port leave the two boxes with the default text alone (it will be your computer name), click Next
- Follow wizard prompts for Checking System clicking Next where prompted
- Click Start to begin Stage 1 System Requirements
- Follow the prompts for the Systems Requirements Wizard Stage 2. If your system has you reboot, then reboot and then paste the link above back into your browser and it will pick up from where it left off.
- Select Support Option, decide whether or not to send install information back to SAS, by default Do Not Send options is chosen Click Next.
- Click Finish, Close all your programs and reboot your computer.
Download and Extraction of SAS 9.3 bit
NOTE: if your machine places downloads other than desktop please move to desktop after these have downloaded.
Installation of SAS 9.3
NOTE: UK Students have the option to use the virtual desktop instead of installing SAS. Go to http://www.uky.edu/ukat/labs/VirtualDEN for more information.
Note: if you have had a previous version of SAS, you may get warning message of overwriting
NOTE: Don’t create a Restart account
This will take several minutes at which your system may require you to restart one or more times; you will not need to fill in domain name information; leave blank and click on OK
NOTE: Once your system has restarted follow Installation of SAS 9.3 steps
Beginning with opening SAS 9.3 TS1 M2 32bit folder click on setup again this will repeat the above steps and pick up where the install left off.
NOTE: there are 294 parts to install under Stage 2 in which you may see screens like this appear and disappear
NOTE: These are links to technical support of SAS as needed
NOTE: The first time start up window will appear to allow you to acclimate yourself with the Start Guides. Help dialog may be reopened by clicking on the Help menu.