Mobile Application Hits a New High
POSTED: OCTOBER 5, 2012
August 2011 to August 2012 showed a marked increase in the use of UK’s suite of mobile applications. This was no surprise given the record size of the first year class of 2012 and the overall number of current students at UK, now nearly 29,000.
A reflection of the increase over the last year is shown below:
Course registration gave the additional bump to the number of transactions recorded on student applications for the month of August 2012, which topped off at 1135243! With these numbers as a backdrop, it is time to get familiar with everything the UKMobile app can do for you.
· UKMobile now has a new design, giving it the unique “See Blue” look.
· The Libraries section now provides a link to the new mobile library catalog.
· The Safety link provides emergency numbers and now provides a quick reference guide for emergencies.
· UKMobile now allows you to re-arrange the icons on the app so your favorites are available at first glance.
· The myUK section has a little something for everyone:
o Students: Course Catalog, Registration and MySchedule applications ensure that you can find the course you want, register for it on time and find your way to class, all from your phone! You can also check your mid-term and final grades for the course as soon as they become available. New enhancement made to the course catalog and registration applications make it possible to identify part of term and UK Core courses. The information includes course deadlines and refund schedule.
The summer advising conference schedules and KWeek schedule of events are made available every summer through early Fall.
o Staff/Faculty: If you are an advisor or faculty or both, you can look up your advisee’s academic details and history, find your class roster and also submit mid-term or final grades for your course from the convenience of your tablet or phone device.
o Administrators: For making sure that critical workflow approvals are not delayed, you can now review and approve them via the workflow inbox available from your tablet device.
o Everyone: The Green Dot app promotes a non-violent campus and provides tips on how to be proactive towards violence prevention.
· Directory and Maps help you find people and places
· A collection of News feeds from all across campus includes Student Life, Research, UK Healthcare, President’s Blog and more.
· For Alumni member benefits and membership, discounts, calendar of events and all other alumni information
· Don’t miss the action with up-to-date Athleticsnews, schedules and scores
· Take advantage of UK’s course offerings in iTunes U
· Videos includes academics, campus life, research, health care and athletics
· Blackboard Mobile Learn provides anytime, anywhere access to grades, discussion forums and other course information.
More exciting information is on its way to your fingertips…stay tuned!
Preview of Mobile Application