Outlook Web Access allows individuals to filter junk email. This automatic filter is enabled by default, but if you are receiving a large volume of junk email, you may wish to verify that the setting has not been accidently modified.
The University of Kentucky runs Exchange 2007, with Forefront for Exchange protection. Under this configuration Microsoft recommends that you disable the built-in Outlook filter and keep the Outlook web access automatic junk email filter enabled to allow server side filtering to manage your junk email options. The following steps will allow you to verify the whether the setting is enabled, or to enable it if required.
- Log in to Outlook Web Access using your preferred browser.
- Click on the Options link in the top right hand corner.
- Click on Junk E-Mail in the left hand navigation area.
- On the Junk E-Mail settings page, make sure there is a check next to the Automatically filter junk e-mail option.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click the Save button to save your changes.
- Click the Mail button to return to your normal email.