Job Title Research Associate - Levich Institute
Department Levich Institute
Date Posted 07/10/12
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled with the review of applications to begin 7/24/12
FLSA Status Exempt
Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties
Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Carry out independent research at the particle and continuum level on the mechanics and rheology of particle suspensions. This is a one-year appointment, with reappointment possible for one additional year.
PhD in physics, mathematics, physical chemistry, materials science, engineering, or a related field, with an outstanding record of accomplishment. Availability to start on September 1, 2012 is desirable.To Apply
Please send by email, resume and names and contact information of three professional references to:
Morton Denn, Director
Levich Institute, Steinman Hall, #1M
City College of CUNY
140th Street & Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031