Job Title Research Associate - Physiology & Pharmacology (SBE)
Department Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience
Date Posted 02/25/13
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled with the review of applications to begin 02/25/2013.
FLSA Status Exempt
Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties
The Department of Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education seeks a neuroscientist with experience in investigations of central nervous tissue using neurochemical, morphological, immunohistochemical, molecular or cellular approaches.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.Qualifications and Requirements
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
- Ph.D. or M.D/Ph.D. in neuroscience, biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology, pharmacology or physiology required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience designing, performing, and analyzing experiments in neuroscience; conversant with in vivo and in vitro experimentation; and possess good computer, statistical, and communication skills
- Experience in maintaining databases, supervising lab personnel and students as well as working independently preferred
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions. If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.