Job Title Enrollment Specialist - CWE
Department Center for Worker Education
Date Posted 02/13/13
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled with the review of applications to begin 02/25/2013.
FLSA Status Non-exempt
Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties
This position will work in the Center for Worker Education - Interdisciplinary Studies (CWE).
In addition to the duties above, responsibilities include:
- Serve as a resource to provide program information to students.
- Provide referrals to student services on-site and at City College's main campus including financial aid, tutoring, library, computer services, psychological counseling, and career services.
- Assist students with resolving transcript and registration issues.
- Prepare graduation audit for all Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.
- Coordinate recruitment efforts for the Center for Worker Education.
- Continue and evaluate existing recruitment strategies and recommend new ones as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Admissions Coordinator to stay apprised of current admissions policies and update recruitment materials.
- Develop relationships with labor, public sector, non-profit, community, and community college constituencies.
- Liaise with the City College Office of Admissions about college fairs and other recruitment opportunities.
- Assist with facilitating admissions workshops.
--[endif]---->Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Master's degree is preferred. The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have experience working with adults in a higher education academic setting
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to students and encourage them to fulfill their potential and achieve their academic and career goals
- Be a strong verbal and written communicator
- Have superior organizational skills
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with a staff of professional colleagues, faculty, and support staff
- Exercise initiative and be able to work independently
- Be computer-literate in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications
- Experience with social media
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions. If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.