cleveland urban design collaborativeIn the spring of 2010, the Kent State University Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative (CUDC) relocated to the northeast corner of Euclid Avenue and East 13th Street in the Playhouse Square district of Cleveland. The Collaborative is within walking distance of the central business district and Public Square, the historical center of Cleveland. The CUDC is housed on the second story of the historic Cowell and Hubbard Building.
The CUDC opened in 1999, in its former location at the intersection of Huron Road, Prospect Avenue and East Ninth Street in Downtown Cleveland's Historic Gateway neighborhood. The Pointe Building served the needs of staff and students for ten years, but the demand for expansion of CAED's educational and outreach facilities in Cleveland made the recent relocation to the Design District of vital importance.
The CUDC's educational facilities include studio space with workstations for thirty-four students, classroom, library, and computer lab. The offices for the Urban Design Center staff are supplemented by two meeting rooms, including a large conference room and a gallery space.
The Kent State University Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative
1309 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44115