CNR Nuclear Experimental Program
CNR activities in nuclear experiment include the following:
- Development of neutron detectors and neutron polarimeters.
- Pattern recognition software for charged-particle tracking detectors.
- Measurement of fundamental structure functions of the neutron and proton.
- Measurement of meson photoproduction.
- Phases of nuclear matter, including the search for Quark Gluon Plasma, using heavy ions and 4 pi detectors.
- Nuclear structure and nuclear reaction mechanisms using electron and hadron beams.
Experiments are performed at various national accelerator facilities, including:
- Jefferson Lab (formerly CEBAF).
- The Mainz Microtron (MAMI).
- Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven.
Kent State is part of several large experimental collaborations, including Hall A (at JLab), STAR (at Brookhaven), and Crystal Ball and A2 (at Mainz, Germany).