Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Transfer and Transitioning Students

Welcome Transfer and Transitioning Students! Our goal is to make your transition to the College of Arts & Sciences at Kent State University as smooth as possible. Unsure if you are a transfer or transitioning student?  A transfer student is anyone who has enrolled at another college or university since high school graduation prior to coming to Kent State.  A transitioning student is a KSU Regional campus student who is planning on taking classes at the Kent Campus.

Academic Advisors are available to assist you with your transition to the College of Arts & Sciences. However, for transfer students, the Transfer Center must first evaluate your transferred coursework before this meeting takes place.  The Transfer Center will email you (at your KSU email address) when the evaluation is complete.  If there are questions or concerns about the status of this evaluation, please contact the Transfer Center (not the College) at 330-672-8950.  After the transfer credit evaluation is complete, make an appointment via to see a College advisor.  During your appointment, the advisor will review your incoming transfer work, explain College and major requirements, help you officially declare your major, and assist with schedule planning. It is essential that you meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for your first semester of coursework at Kent State University.

Here are some useful resources to assist you, whether you have yet to apply, or are already admitted:

We look forward to working with you to ease your transition to life at KSU. Please contact us should you have any questions.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.