Kent State University
Excellence in Action: By the Numbers
With more than 22,000 undergraduate students and 5,500 graduate students enrolled from all 50 states and 100 countries, odds have it that all kinds of relationships and connections will be established -- peer to peer, classmate to classmate, classmate to professor.
Kent State's student demographics include the following:
59% of students are female.
41% are male.
13% of the undergraduate population is a minority.
- More than 400 individuals in graduate studies are minority students.
The undergraduate ethnicity profile breaks out in this fashion:
- African American, 1,949
- American Indian, 75
- Asian, 284
- Hispanic, 600
- International, 1,045
- Multiracial, 301
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 11
- Other, 13
- White, 17,226
- Unknown, 756
More than 1,500 faculty members teach in nine colleges. Nearly 45 percent of our classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Students per faculty, 20:1
- Undergraduate classes with fewer than 30 students, 75 percent
- Undergraduate classes with fewer than 50 students, 90 percent
Top 5 first-time freshmen majors
- Exploratory: 680 total, 15.7 percent of all freshmen
- Pre-Nursing: 326 total, 7.5 percent of all freshmen
- Biological Sciences: 184 total, 4.3 percent of all freshmen
- Business Management: 159 total, 3.7 percent of all freshmen
- Psychology: 156 total, 3.6 percent of all freshmen
Living at Kent
Getting involved at Kent State is easy with a choice of 200 clubs and organizations, 1,000 programs, activities, and on-campus events, 24 residence halls, 24 places to eat, 18 sports teams, and 20 sororities and fraternities.
In 2010, Kent State University's total alumni reached nearly 200,000 and represent all 50 states in the United States and more than 100 countries.