College of Arts and Sciences
105 Bowman Hall
College of Business Administration
Department of Economics
Room 480, Business Administration Building
The minor in economics provides a basis for the application of economic analysis, which is the foundation for most business decisions. The minor allows the choice among a wide range of electives and therefore provides a well-rounded preparation for careers in business and public service. The emphasis on critical thinking in the economics minor is also excellent preparation for law and other graduate study.ECONOMICS MINOR REQUIREMENTS (18 credits)
Course Title Credits
ECON 22060 Principles of Microeconomics 3
22061 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
Economics upper-division electives* 9
Choose from the following: 3
ECON 32040 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory and Applications (3)
32041 Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory and Policy (3)
*Economics upper-division electives (9) may include ECON 32040 or 32041 if not selected above, chosen with advisor approval
Requirements to declare the economics minor:
- Officially declared major (not pre-major, general, undeclared or exploratory); however, advising is available and recommended anytime prior to declaration
- Minimum 30 semester hours completed
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
Requirement to graduate with the economics minor:
- Minimum 2.00 GPA (including all attempts) is required in the minor courses.
- It is highly recommended that students electing the economics minor complete at least one mathematics course at the MATH 11010 level or higher before registering for upper- division economics courses.
- To earn a College of Business Administration minor, students must complete at least two courses in the minor at Kent State University on a graded basis. At least one of these courses must be at the upper-division (30000 or 40000) level.