College of Business AdministrationThe Business minor provides students with exposure to a basic business core and helps them gain an overview of the world of business while pursuing a degree in another field.
Academic Advising Office
Room 107, Business Administration Building
BUSINESS MINOR REQUIREMENTS (21 credits)
Course Title Credits
ACCT 23020 Introduction to Financial Accounting 3
ECON 22060 Principles of Microeconomics 3
22061 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
FIN 36053 Business Finance *
MKTG 25010 Principles of Marketing *
MIS 24053 Introduction to Computer Applications
24163 Principles of Management * 3
* See registration requirements in the course listing for completed hours and cumulative GPA.
Requirement to declare the business minor:
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA; or if new freshman, no established GPA is required.
Requirement to graduate with the business minor:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (including all attempts the 30000 level course) is required in the minor courses.
- To earn a College of Business Administration minor, students must complete at least two courses in the minor at Kent State University on a graded basis. At least one of these courses must be at the upper-division (30000 or 40000) level.
- It is recommended that students pursuing a business minor take a statistics course and an operations course.
Recommended statistics course: MIS 24056 Fundamentals of Business Statistics
Recommended operations course: MIS 34060 Operations Management (prerequisites are MIS 24053 and MIS 24056).