Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Certificate of Insurance

A certificate of insurance is usually requested from an outside entity and provides them with proof that the university has insurance and also provides them with coverage limits.  In some cases the entity requests to be named as an additional insured on the policy and they may also request multiple other people affiliated with the event to also be named. 

If you are asked for a certificate of insurance or proof of insurance you will need to contact the Risk Management Department.

At a minimum the following information is needed before a request can be made to our insurance broker:

  • Complete name and address of entity/requesting the certificate or proof of insurance.
  • Purpose of the request
    Student Clinicals
    KSU's use of facility
    KSU sponsored event
    Grant Award (be specific), etc.
  • Date(s) of the event
  • Coverage to be included: property, auto, general liability, medical malpractice etc.
  • Insurance amounts requested
  • Specific verbiage required per contract (if applicable)

Requests should be emailed to Elaine Ramhoff at (2-1949).  Please allow up to 2 business days for the return of the certificate.  The certificate will be sent via an email to the person requesting the certificate and you will be asked to forward on as needed.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.