Graduate Management Association
IMAGE: Graduate Management Association
We are so glad that you are interested in learning more about GMA! Started in 1984, the Graduate Management Association, also known as GMA, has been a personal and professional development organization for graduate business students.
GMA was established to:
- Promote the welfare of the student body and the Graduate Programs Office
- Represent the student body, individually and collectively, in discussions with the College of Business Administration faculty and administration, and with external organizations.
- Provide professional and social activities for the student body.
- Foster beneficial relationships between the Graduate Programs Office and the Northeast Ohio business community.
- Promote the goals and well-being of the Graduate Programs Office within the Kent State University community.
To get involved with GMA, you must be a part-time or full-time registered graduate student in the College of Business.
- Meetings featuring professional guest speakers from a variety of functional areas.
- Career development and networking through corporate tours and other professional events.
- Social events - Informal gatherings including picnics, bowling, and holiday dinners.
- Get to know your classmates!
- Free lunch at all meetings.
- Leadership opportunities - a great experience and an excellent resume booster.