- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Step 2: Explore Majors and Careers
After evaluating your interests, values, and skills, it is time to identify your career fields of interest and the major to get you there!
It's often easy to make assumptions about career fields, so take time now to research the vast and evolving world of careers.
IMAGE: asktheguru1 Need Career Advice? Ask a Career Expert
Explore Majors & Careers
Gathering specifics about careers and appropriate majors is a must!
Explore What Can I do with this Major?
Research MyPlan Major and Career Resources
- Match Majors & Careers - Job descriptions, industries, salaries, related majors/careers
- Research Careers - Browse database, videos, top ten lists, and more
- Salary Calculator - Salaries by career and geographic area
Review U.S. Department of Labor Resources
Get help from a Career Expert
- Meet with a career counselor in our office for guidance
- Use our career planning books and resources including computer, printer and copier access.
Talk with Professors, Professionals, and Family
- Find out what a job is really like by speaking to someone in the field. You'll be amazed at the things you'll learn! Review the informational interviewing questions to ask and the list of possible people in your network to speak with.
- Talk with your professors who have a wealth of knowledge about their career fields.
- Chat with family members about their work experiences. Ask about:
- how they selected their careers,
- what they find rewarding and challenging in their current positions,
- what skills and abilities they utilize, and
- what their long-term goals are.