- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Job & Internship Search
Use our Career Readiness Checklist to get prepared for your search and stay on track.
Adopt a positive attitude and seek help from a career expert to stay motivated.
"Very good experience. My visit was beneficial to getting my job search underway. I feel much less stressed."
- KSU Student
Steps in a Successful Job Search
1. Know What You Want
- Review the checklist to track your career/job search readiness
- Questions to ask yourself before you begin
- Get support from our career counseling team
2. Polish Your Job Search Tools & Skills
Resumes & Letters Interviews & Job Offers
Networking & Social Media Reference Letters
Professional Etiquette Videos on Job Searching
Disclosing a Disability International Student OPT Guide
3. Plan Out Your Job Search
- To stay organized and on task, establish a timeline and system to keep track of your activities.
4. Find and Apply for Positions
- Career Services Center Resources
Experience Job & Internship Board
Apply to positions posted year round by employers (profit and non-profit) and view organizations interviewing in our office. On-campus student jobs and graduate assistantships are posted daily by departments across all eight campuses. See the Student/Alumni User Guide for tips.
Log in to the Experience Job & Internship Board to access Going Global to find H1B employers, work permit/visa regulations, and cultural advice for working around the globe.
Career Services Center Events
Job/Internship Search Sites
Ohio Internships: NEOintern.net, Ohio MeansInternships.com
Ohio Jobs: OhioMeansJobs.com
Helpful Job Search Web Sites
5. Check Status of Applications
Follow up within a couple weeks after applying for a position to ask:
» What is the status of my application?
» What is your timeline for filling the position?
» Can I provide any additional materials or information?
6. Alternatives While Searching ....
- Volunteer to gain networking contacts and career-related experience.
- Join networking organizations and connect with KSU Alumni.
- Consider continuing your education or obtaining specialized training.
- Take a related job, even if at a lower level, which may lead to your end goal.
- Utilize temp agencies to get your foot in the door for long-term opportunities.