- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Accounting Internship Interviews - Student Timeline
Accounting Internship Interviews
Sept. 29 - Oct. 3, 2014
Present - Sept. 12
Steps Required to Participate - Must be Completed by Noon, Friday, Sept. 12
- Create or update your account in the Experience Job & Internship Board.
Upload your critiqued resume and Student Information Form to the Experience Job & Internship Board. You will upload the Student Information Form as an other document.
» Need help with your resume or the Experience Job & Internship Board? See a Career Counselor during drop-in counseling hours.
Sept. 3 (Wed.) & Sept. 9 (Tues.)
Attend Accounting Internship Information Session(s)
- Attend a required presentation on one of the two dates below to learn more about the Accounting Internship Program including how to create an account on the Experience Job & Internship Board, sign up for interviews, and the benefits of attending Meet the Accountants Night.
» Sept. 3, 5:00 p.m., Beta Alpha Psi - Accounting Assoc. Mtg. (TBD)
» Sept. 9, 2:00 p.m., Career Services Center (261 Schwartz Center)
Present - Sept. 18
(11:59 p.m., Thurs..)
Apply (Pre-Select) to Organizations for Interviews
- Log into Experience Job & Internship Board.
- Under 1-Click Searches on the home page, choose Accounting Internship Interview Participants to view organizations coming to campus and the internships they will be interviewing for.
- View specific internship positions by clicking on Accounting Internship Interview Participant next to each organization name.
» To Apply/Pre-Select to a position, scroll to the bottom of the position description and click on the Apply button in the How to Apply box. (The Apply option will only be displayed if you meet the qualifications of the position.)
» Submit BOTH your resume and Student Information Form to Apply/Pre-Select.
(5:30 - 8:00 p.m., Thurs.)
Meet the Accountants Night
Over 40 organizations participate in this networking event held from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m., in the Kent Student Center Ballroom. If you have submitted your resume for pre-selection to an employer, it is highly recommended that you introduce yourself to these employers at this event, including offering them an additional copy of your resume and Student Information Form.
Please Note: You have until 11:59 p.m. to pre-select with organizations.
Sept. 19 (Fri.) - Sept. 26 (Fri.)
Receive Emails Indicating Employer Decisions
At the end of the pre-selection sign-up period, organizations will review the candidate's resumes. Candidates will then receive emails from Career Services indicating whether they have been accepted, declined, or chosen as an alternate for each organization to which they applied. You may also view these employer decisions in the Applications section of your homepage, under the Applications tab, and Your Active Applications.
Beginning Sept. 24
(10 p.m., Wed.)
Obtain Interview Time Slots if Accepted
- Candidates accepted for an interview may log into the Experience Job & Internship Board to select interview time slot(s). To do this, you may go to the Active Applications section of your homepage (or under the Applications tab) by clicking Your Active Applications and then Details. From here, click on Sign up for an Interview and choose your interview time slot on the next page.
- Print out your interview schedule by clicking on the Calendar tab and then clicking on Your Up-Coming Events. Review your schedule to ensure that there are no time conflicts.
NOTE: Candidates are granted interviews on a first-come, first-serve basis. As a result, being offered an interview does not guarantee a spot on an interview schedule.
Beginning Sept. 25
(10 p.m., Thurs.)
Obtain Interview Time Slots if Alternate
- To do this, you may go to the Active Applications section of your homepage (or under the Applications tab) and click on Your Active Applications and then Details. From here, click on Sign up for an Interview and choose your interview time slot on the next page..
- Print out your interview schedule by going to the Calendar tab and clicking on My Up-coming Events. Review your schedule to ensure that there are no time conflicts.
(1 - 4:30 p.m., Thurs.)
Mock Interview Day
Get prepared for your interviews by participating in a mock interview held in the Career Services Center, 261 Schwartz Center.
Sign up for a time slot via the Mock Interview Day One-Click Search on your Experience Job & Internship Board homepage.
Sept. 29 - Oct. 3
(Mon. - Fri.)
Accounting Internship Interviews
- All interviews are held in Career Services Center, 261 Schwartz Center, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Failure to attend an interview without proper notification may result in immediate removal from other interview schedules and from internship consideration.
- Candidates must adhere to the Interview Cancellation and No Show Policy.
Oct. 15 (Wed)
Employers Begin Making Job Offers to Candidates