- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Recruiting Policy and Disclaimer
The Kent State Career Services Center is responsible for the supervision of the entire student employment program at the University including the development of off-campus employment opportunities for students. The Career Services Center in its provision of services to students, alumni, and off-campus employers makes no representations or guarantees regarding the opportunities listed on its website and is not responsible for the wages, safety, working conditions or other aspects of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students and alumni to take the necessary precautions when interviewing for and accepting part-time, full-time and/or internship positions.
In addition, the Career Services Center's website contains links to other sites as a convenience to our students and is not responsible for the content of these sites. The opinions and views associated with these linked sites are not necessarily those of the Career Services Center.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Career Services Center and Kent State University adhere to EEO guidelines and offer employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or identity as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era unless legally required. Furthermore, in good faith, the Career Services Center works only with those employers who subscribe to EEO guidelines. Career Services abides by the Principles for Professional Practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Employer Fee Payment and Event Cancellation/No Show Policy
Employer event registration fees must be submitted within 30 days following the event. Fees are non-refundable for an organization cancelling within five business days prior to the event. Future event registration for an organization with an unpaid balance due to late cancellation or nonattendance will not be approved until full payment is received. Access to all other recruiting services will also be denied.
Third Party Recruiter Policy
The policy of the Career Services Center is to educate students, alumni, faculty, and staff regarding a wide variety of job search strategies, including third party employment services. Individuals can then determine whether utilizing these services will be of benefit to them. The Career Services Center does not investigate, endorse, or recommend any third party employment services.
According to NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, third-party recruiters are defined as agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This definition includes, but is not limited to, employment agencies, search firms, contract recruiters, and resume referral firms. (Note: Temporary agencies are not third-party recruiters. They are employers who pay individuals to perform work at a client organization.)
Third-Party Recruiter Services:
- Third-party recruiters who are hiring for positions within their own organization may be granted on-campus recruiting privileges (excluding online resume search).
- Third-party recruiters who are hiring for positions outside their own organization may have positions posted provided they disclose the name of the clients they represent within the job descriptions. The Career Services Center reserves the right to verify this information.
- You may also contact Kent State's Office of Student Media for advertising through the daily, student-run newspaper (print and online), magazines, and TV and radio programs.
By participating in these services, organizations agree that they will adhere to EEO standards in all recruiting activities, that no fee will be charged to any candidate at any time, and that organizations will not disclose student information under any circumstances to other entities without the student's prior written consent.
Prohibited Job Postings
- All positions that would employ students for a private individual (i.e. babysitter, tutor, caretaker, etc.).
- Non-degreed student jobs that are compensated only by commission, including independent contractor positions (i.e. that may require the individual to bear product expenses, be responsible for income taxes, and may not guarantee worker's compensation or unemployment insurance.)
- All positions that require a fee payment or investment prior to employment (i.e. entrepreneurial employers). The Career Services Center defines entrepreneurial employers as those organizations that require the job seeker to make an initial financial investment or fee payment as a condition of employment. Entrepreneurial employers also include those organizations that provide financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for the organization and for which the recruiting staff member receives a portion of the new hire's commission. Furthermore, entrepreneurial employers will not be provided access to either online or on-campus recruiting services through Kent State's Career Services Center.
The Career Services Center adheres to the aforementioned policies and guidelines to ensure the quality of our services and reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
All decisions regarding recruiting services provided to companies or organizations are made at the sole discretion of the Career Services Center and Kent State University.